YELLOW STICKY TRAP
Yellow Sticky trap is a glue-based, pest insect attracting trap.
- These traps work on the principle of attracting the insects visually or chemically and immobilizing them on the sticky surface.
- Many insects are attracted to different colours so utilizing this property, sticky traps are designed.
- Some variants may also contain pheromone(insect attracting natural chemicals ), which attracts flying insects.
- Therefore, these traps do not make use of any toxic chemicals and are environment friendly.
How to do use it
The steps involved in working of sticky traps are :
- Bright coloured surface / pheromone attracts the pest insects towards the trap.
- When these insects try to sit on the trap, they stick to the surface due to the presence of sticky glue.
- The trapping cards are available in different colours and shapes for different types of insects.
Some of the popular adhesive traps are:-
- Yellow Sticky Trap
- Blue Sticky Trap
- White Sticky Trap
- Delta Trap
Dosage: 08nos / Acre
Applications & benefits
Yellow Sticky Trap
- A Yellow sticky trap have yellow coloured sticky plate for attracting and trapping insect pests.
- The plate contains non-drying sticky glue on both the surfaces to which insects stick.
- It is highly effective in vegetable and flower gardens and for field crops such as cotton and Mustard.
- A Yellow sticky trap is primarily used to control insects such as:
• White fly
• Leaf miners etc.
Insects found on sticky traps
- Yellow sticky traps are waterproof cards with bright yellow colour or coating.
- These cards are available in sizes of various dimensions, mostly 8 x 12 inches.